Department of Accounts and Statistics is part of Commerce Department. Under this department following subjects are included:-
B.Com I- Financial Accounting
B.Com II- Income Tax and Auditing
B.Com II- Corporate Accounting
B.Com II -Statistics
B.Com III- Cost and Management Accounting
These are very important subjects for the commerce students. All subjects are practical. Study of all subjects is useful to the students in their day to day life. It gives practical knowledge about how to generate income from various sources with very minimum investment. While taking various decisions the knowledge of this will help us to take decisions. By studying all these subjects in 3 years students are able to understand what is accounting, basic concepts related to the subjects, accounting of individuals, co-operative societies accounting, accounting of non-trading concerns, income tax provisions, corporate accounting as per company Law 1956. Business Mathematics and Statistics subject is very useful to them while they are making research in any subject. Knowledge of cost and Management accounting will make them fit to take managerial decisions by analysing all the facts.
1) To give basic knowledge about accounting to the students
2) To make this subject practicable in life
3) To give basic knowledge about income tax and auditing
4) To enable the students to have knowledge of Mathematics and to understand statistical techniques as are applicable to business and economic situation.
5) To develop awareness about Corporate Accounting in conformity with the provisions of Companies Act.
6) To exposes the students to the basic concepts and tools used in cost and management accounting
7) To provides and understanding of the application of accounting techniques for management.