According to the letter of Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati and according to the U.G.C. (prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institution) regulation 2015, various committees have been formed in the college to resolve the complaints of the students.
1) At workplace where women and men are considered equal by authorities, colleagues, juniors, students and employees which contributes to healthy environment, the output of the work is satisfactory, and the institution gets support to reach the desired objective. In a longer way it influences the Socio economic status of the Nation positively.
2) In an effort to promote the well-being and to maintain dignity of all women at workplace this committee has been formed to solve the problem of sexual harassment of female students as well as teachers in their day to day businesses in workplace.
1) On 13th August 1997, the supreme court of India held that sexual harassment of women is a violation of the fundamental right of women to work in a safe environment.
2) The prime aim of the committee is to see into the matters of moral and sexual harassment of students as well as teachers.
3) The committee has to study the different rules and regulation about the prevention of the different harassment of students and teachers.
A notice regarding the working of “Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) according to the U.G.C.( prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institution ) regulation 2015, was displayed on the notice board. The publicity is given by displaying the charter in the prominent places of the college and flex is designed. The students are address to direct their complaints to the committee member of college staff. As soon as the complaint received proper procedure will be followed.
Presiding Officer- Dr. P. S. Dhabe
Member – Dr. Sandhya Kale
Member – Prof. D.D. Mapari Dept. of English
Member – Mr.Tushar Sapkal
Member - Aashish Sarda
1) Ku. Kalyani Joshi -M.A.II
2) Ku. Pooja Dipke- B.Sc. III
3) Mr. Bharat Bhise- B.Sc. II
Under the Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) Conducted workshop on “Prevention of Sexual harassment of women and Child sexual abuse laws in India” for Science students on 10th August 2017 in collaboration with Damini Pathak Akola. Chief Guest was shri. Kailas Nagare, Police Inspector, crime branch, Akola. Same workshop was arranged on 18 September 2018 for Arts and commerce students.